I had been out of town for most part of the last working week attending to one of my many sweet sister's marriage in Mangalore, a city I can almost call as my hometown since my dad lived here for most part and so did his dad too. It was a good break from the normal hustle bustle of my Namma Bengaluru.
What is so important about March 1?
Well a dear friend celebrates his birthday today and in the midst of all that I have a sad moment, for today is the day 28 years ago, I lost my dad due to heart failure.
But still why have I named the title of today's post.
A heart wrenching life of a cousin of mine whose dad is an uncle of mine & my guru in Maths during my 10th & 12th standard at alma mater is what is the reason. The year I graduated out of professional course, my uncle who was by then married had a child who was normal and by the eighth month was beginning to show abnormality. The swollen head was first noticed and then diagnosed and that is when his ordeal began. Over a period of time he has lost eyesight due to chemotherapy or otherwise and is now completely dependent. I met them at the wedding again and although that was not the first time, this is when I was completely heart broken and left with only questions. Why and what did a small baby have to suffer this ordeal to this day, when and how will his parents come to terms with it and how are his grandparents who are really wonderful people bearing with this in the autumn of their lives? I believe God is the only source for their comfort and I hope He takes care.
I will call such an existence, a life more extraordinary since inspite of all these issues, life goes on as normal and usual. Such moments should really lead to serving the society inspite of its cruelty.
All these thoughts coming right in the middle of a wedding, where near and dear ones meet with others who are far and equally dear. Another wedding is in the pipeline within the next 2-3 months and the venue is Namma Bengaluru this time.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think when we see other people suffer it lessens our own .Thats Gods way of teaching us through them .similarly we also teach somebody something so lets play our parts well.
ReplyDelete