Monday, February 23, 2009

Not so manic Monday

A sound sleep later, I woke up this morn with the first thought on the Oscars and a definitive chance for A.R.Rahman for atleast one award followed by a lot for Slumdog Millionaire. A lot of awards followed as I continued since I turned on the idiot box and slowly the impatience brewing itself wild with the plethora of ads in between. When Resul Pookutty got the award for sound mixing, I started hearing calls out to me from my kids as they woke up and announcing their entry into today's scheme of things.
As they settled down, the moment of truth for the master composer and then there it was - Best Original score and song. Could feel the pride for this great country of mine and the joy rang around the house with the kids humming Jai Ho. What a kodak moment.
Finally as Slumdog completed its conquest of 8 awards at the Oscars, reality kicked it with time to go to work realization. An interesting office drama followed and an apologetic SMS to a friend later, rode back home. Anu was outside and climbed on the bullet as soon as he saw me. Then he was taking me for a ride at full speed around the area and I was only concentrating on the ride while he freaked out.
Today on Monday having MahaShivaratri was a once in a kumbh mela type event and mind became pious as soon as the realization struck. Tomorrow will be in all harmony to perform at home my once in an year duties towards my dad on his death anniversary.

Tomorrow is what my hope is all about.

1 comment:

  1. wats the purpose of life if all we do in the en d is die!!!

    ReplyDelete